chitika ads

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The End of Call Centers Scandal

The End of Call Centers Scandal

Call centers and I.T. parks have mushrommed everywhere in the Philippines, India and other 3rd World countries selling the cheapest labor in the world. This is a respond to the high demand of buildings to house agents and I.t. workers, and the positive speculations of real estate investors. The investors are right at the moment but if they think that this is going to last long they have to think thrice because it is not. It is quite ironic, awkward and ridiculous to me everytime I see new call center or I.T. building being built in an I.T./call center park like the Asiatown I.t. park in Cebu, I.T. parks in Alabang, Ortigas, Makati, Baguio, and many other cities in the Philippines and India. Do call center agents and programmers really need to get up early and rush to a building in an I.T. park to eventually sit in front of their PC when they have PC and cheap internet connection at home enough to handle voice or even video data at high quality? I.T. parks/call center parks are nothing but stone-age version odesk.com and freelancer.com. Call center agents and I.T. workers don't have indulge in the hassle of getting up early and swimming though the ocean of vehicles and humans along highways in the cities. All they have to do is log on to odesk.com and freelancer.com to access their thousands of clients and companies from anywhere in world.
Mark my words, call center and I.T. park buildings are doomed. The future is online as the internet gurus have predicted in the 90's. This is the biggest scandal that will rock the world of investors and agents.

chitika ads