chitika ads

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yahoo Email System Down Today July 02, 2009 (Philippine Time)

Something surprised me today when I was checking my yahoo email:A Yahoo Email System Down message appeared on my screen instead of my inbox:

"
Can't talk now. System's down.

Sorry for the holdup. Looks like a temporary glitch in our network has part of Yahoo! mail down, so you're briefly without service. Rest assured the alarms are blaring in the basement and our team is working frantically to get you up and running ASAP. Again, the snag is on our end — so there's no need for you to do a thing.

Back to it,
Yahoo! Mail Team
"

After reading this I was very surprised as to why this downtime happened. So I googled it immediately in order to find out what happened. Unfortunately, I did not find any pages that talked about this particular downtime today. However, I found I few pages about Yahoo email downtime that happened in 2007. Was it due to heavy traffic that Yahoo email server is receiving? Or was it due to the hardware or software failure? Or a security breach or virus attack? I hope the Yahoo people will be able to fix it as soon as possible because I badly need my inbox messages now. If this continues to happen I would consider paying my own email server.

chitika ads